Terms and Conditions
Thank you for raising funds for Newcastle Hospitals Charity (Reg 1057213)
These rules are applicable to all fundraising undertaken in regard to a Newcastle Hospitals Charity place in the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge 2022. By signing up to fundraise you agree to comply with them.
• Confirm that you will be at least 18 years or over on the day of the event or at least 16 with an accompanying adult taking part in the challenge with you.
• You agree to pay a (non-refundable/non-transferable) fee of £50.00 to secure your entry into the event, which must be paid at the point of registration. This fee does not contribute towards your fundraising target.
• You pledge to raise at least the minimum sponsorship of £250.00 (excluding gift aid and registration fee) and endeavour to raise as much as possible above this amount.
• Places are non-transferable.
• Should you for whatever reason not take your place, please inform email@example.com immediately, send all sponsorship forms and money collected directly to Newcastle Hospitals Charity and notify your sponsors that you are no longer taking part.
• Acknowledge that the event is physically strenuous and demanding and that you take part in the event at your own risk. Newcastle Hospitals will not be held responsible for injury or illness resulting from your participation.
• Understand the need to be physically fit for the event and prepare for the challenge of the event, and to consult your doctor if you have not exercised for some time to ensure that you are medically fit to participate in the event.
• The event is organised by a third-party event organiser, Orange John Mountain Events, who is solely responsible for the conduct and operation of the event, including all health and safety requirements. You understand that it is your responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the event organiser and comply with these.
• We will share necessary information from which you have provided with the event organisers to assist them with organisation and administration of the event. The event organiser may request additional personal information form you to ensure that the event can be run professionally and safely.
• You agree that you are happy for your name, video footage, picture, image, feedback and comments can be used without payment, notice or further consent in any future publicity, advertising, fundraising materials and/or promotion in perpetuity. If you wish images or videos to be removed, please contact us and we will comply.
Additional fundraising you may undertake to reach fundraising pledge
• If you are under 18 you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
• It is important to know that Newcastle Hospitals Charity cannot cover fundraising expenses or costs for those raising money for the charity.
• If you decide to hold additional fundraising activities to help reach your fundraising pledge, please ensure you are clear that you are raising funds in aid of Newcastle Hospitals Charity, rather than a representative of or on behalf of Newcastle Hospitals Charity.
• You agree that you shall comply with any guidance provided by Newcastle Hospitals Charity relating to your fundraising activity, and that it is your responsibility to organise all aspects of any fundraising activity undertaken by you.
• If you wish to use a logo to support your fundraising initiative you can request a logo from us. Any material referring to Newcastle Hospitals Charity needs approval prior to print or circulation.
• You accept that any risks arising out of any additional fundraising activities undertaken are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending.
• You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to any additional fundraising activities, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
• You acknowledge and accept that Newcastle Hospitals Charity insurance policy will not cover your additional fundraising activities.
• You will not do anything that has a negative impact on Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s reputation or name.
Handling cash and sending in your donation
• You agree to send the funds raised by your fundraising to as soon as possible after the event and in accordance with Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s guidance.
• You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about the Gift Aid scheme can be accessed by contacting the Charity Office on 0191 2137235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Data and Consent