Terms and Conditions
These rules are applicable to all fundraising undertaken in regard to a Newcastle Hospitals Charity place in the Cyclone Festival of Cycling 2022 and associated events.
By submitting your Entry Form electronically, you hereby declare that:
1. You understand that the event that you are entering (“the Event”) will be run under the technical regulations, guidelines, bye laws and anti-doping rules of British Cycling (“the Rules”) and the Union Cycliste Internationale (where applicable); you hereby agree to comply with the Rules and any other rules stipulated by the relevant Event Organiser (“the Event Organiser”). You understand that you will not be entitled to a refund of your entry fee (“Entry Fee”) if you are disqualified from the Event as a result of, or infringement of these Terms or the Rules.
2. You understand that it is your responsibility to cycle with care and attention and to understand and abide by the Rules, the UK Highway Code and any other rules stipulated by the Event Organiser before, during and after the Event.
3. If you are under 16 years old on the date of the Event, you may only participate in an Event if your parent or legal guardian has agreed to these conditions. You must then be accompanied at the event by a responsible adult over the age of 18. Your parent / legal guardian will be asked to confirm on the Entry Form that they consent to you participating in the Event and that these accept these Terms and the Rules on your behalf. In addition, your intended participation in the Event will be communicated to your parent / legal guardian, to the contact details provided by you on the Entry Form. Your entry to the Event is subject to: (i) your parent/legal guardian accepting these Terms; and (ii) us receiving no objections from your parent/legal guardian to your participation. If your parent/legal guardian does not consent and/or we receive an objection to your participation then you will not be entitled to enter the Event. Do not submit an Entry Form or otherwise apply for an Event without first obtaining your parent or legal guardian’s permission.
4. You acknowledge that Event entry is personal to you and that you may not exchange it with or sell it to or transfer it to any other person.
5. You agree to conduct yourself in a professional and cautious manner during your participation in the Event and understand that you may be disqualified from the Event if you do not do so. You accept that, in relation to your participation in the Event, the function of the marshals and relevant signage is only to indicate direction and that you must decide if the movement is safe.
6. You understand and agree that you participate in the Event entirely at your own risk, that you must rely on your own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that you must conduct yourself in a manner that is safe for yourself and all others throughout the duration of the Event.
7. You acknowledge that participation in the Event is physically strenuous and demanding. You am aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved. You further certify that you are physically capable of participating in the Event and are capable of completing the Event within the cut off time (as decided by the Event Organiser). You will only participate in the Event if you are fit enough to do so.
8. If you have any medical condition/s, including allergies, which the Event Organiser or Event medical advisors might need to be aware of, you undertake that you have provided details of these on your Entry Form.
9. You accept full liability and responsibility for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in the Event.
10. Whilst the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, you accept that you must make all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of your person and of your property during your participation in the Event. You further acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is your responsibility.
11. You accept that it is your responsibility to provide and use a suitable bicycle and helmet. The Event Organiser’s decision is final as to whether the bicycle and helmet are suitable.
12. You accept that the Event Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event format or cancel the Event due to health and safety reasons, including storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or any other act of god conditions. You accept that your Entry Fee shall be non-refundable in such circumstances.
13. You understand that confirmed entry to the Event is dependent on a fully and accurately completed online Entry Form; and receipt of payment to cover your Entry Fee at least 10 working days (2 weeks) in advance of the Event. If either of these conditions is not fulfilled then your entry may not be valid nor accepted, and you will not be eligible to take part in the Event.
14. Through your completion and submission of the online Entry Form, you are committing to paying for your Event entry via the means as instructed on the Website.
15. Any personal data that we process in relation to your participation in the Event will be processed in accordance with the Cyclone Festival of Cycling’s and Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s Privacy Notice’s.
16. All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents, volunteers and officials are considered final.
17. The Cyclone Festival of Cycling reserves the right to vary these Terms effective immediately upon posting on the Website. Limitation of Liability – your attention is particularly drawn to this section.
18. If for any reason the Event is cancelled or postponed, please review the specific event details, rules and terms & conditions which have been documented by the Event Organiser. If a refund is appropriate, you should contact the Event Organiser.
19. Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits The Cyclone Festival of Cycling liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability, including but not limited to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
20. Subject to clause 19, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you hereby waive, release and forever discharge us, our officers, employees, agents and representatives and all other persons associated with the Event for all liabilities, claims, actions or damages that you may have against us arising out of or in any way in connection with your registration and/or participation in the Event including, without limitation, any liability or claims caused by the negligence, action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
21. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives and all other persons associated with the Event from all liabilities, claims, actions and/or damages arising out of or in any way in connection with your participation in the Event or any breach by you of these Terms or the Rules.
22. To the extent permitted by law, all provisions of these Terms shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision.
23. The Cyclone Festival of Cycling will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
24. These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
25. Entry into this event may include entry into prize draws, in relation to which the Cyclone Festival of Cycling reserves the right to contact you, should your entry be chosen as the winning entry.
26. You agree to pay a (non-refundable/non-transferable) fee of £30.60 to secure your entry into the event, which must be paid at the point of registration. This fee does not contribute towards your fundraising target.
27. You pledge to raise at least the minimum sponsorship of £250.00 (Challenge Events) or £25/£100 (Family Rides) (excluding gift aid and registration fee) and endeavour to raise as much as possible above this amount.
28. Should you for whatever reason not take your place, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org immediately, send all sponsorship forms and money collected directly to Newcastle Hospitals Charity and notify your sponsors that you are no longer taking part.
29. The event is organised by a third-party event organiser, Orange John Mountain Events, who is solely responsible for the conduct and operation of the event, including all health and safety requirements. You understand that it is your responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the event organiser and comply with these.
30. We will share necessary information from which you have provided with the event organisers to assist them with organisation and administration of the event. The event organiser may request additional personal information from you to ensure that the event can be run professionally and safely.
31. You agree that you are happy for your name, video footage, picture, image, feedback and comments can be used without payment, notice or further consent in any future publicity, advertising, fundraising materials and/or promotion in perpetuity. If you wish images or videos to be removed, please contact us and we will comply.
Additional fundraising you may undertake to reach your fundraising pledge
32. If you are under 18 you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
33. It is important to know that Newcastle Hospitals Charity cannot cover fundraising expenses or costs for those raising money for the charity.
34. If you decide to hold additional fundraising activities to help reach your fundraising pledge, please ensure you are clear that you are raising funds in aid of Newcastle Hospitals Charity, rather than a representative of or on behalf of Newcastle Hospitals Charity.
35. You agree that you shall comply with any guidance provided by Newcastle Hospitals Charity relating to your fundraising activity, and that it is your responsibility to organise all aspects of any fundraising activity undertaken by you.
36. If you wish to use a logo to support your fundraising initiative you can request a logo from us. Any material referring to Newcastle Hospitals Charity needs approval prior to print or circulation.
37. You accept that any risks arising out of any additional fundraising activities undertaken are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending.
38. You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to any additional fundraising activities, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
39. You acknowledge and accept that Newcastle Hospitals Charity insurance policy will not cover your additional fundraising activities.
40. You will not do anything that has a negative impact on Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s reputation or name.
Handling cash and sending in your donation
41. You agree to send the funds raised by your fundraising to as soon as possible after the event and in accordance with Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s guidance.
42. You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about the Gift Aid scheme can be accessed by contacting the Charity Office on 0191 2137235 or email email@example.com
Personal Data and Consent