Festive funding from Newcastle Hospitals Charity in 2023 – please read carefully:
With thanks to the generosity of our supporters, Newcastle Hospitals Charity is pleased to be able to once again offer funding to bring a little cheer to the patients and staff of Newcastle Hospitals for the forthcoming festive season.
Staff from across the Trust can access funding for either or both of the following:
- Seasonal gifts for patients staying in the hospital over the festive season – up to £10 per patient.
- Decorations (for clinical and/or non-clinical areas – must be in line with Infection Control guidelines) – up to £200 per area.
To apply, please complete a small grants proposal on the Charity’s ‘Smart Approve’ system by Friday 10th November.
The form is available at https://smartapprove.app/forms/nhc/register
Please complete one form for each of the two types of funding listed above (e.g. if you require funding for gifts and decorations, you will need to complete two separate forms).
This year we are unable to provide cash and all requests for gifts and decorations must go through the usual Trust procurement process – this is why we need your forms in by the 10th November.
Decorations must be purchased from this website: https://www.christmastreesandlights.co.uk
Please make a note of the items you would like to buy from the website and add them to the form. Once processed, you will need to submit the information through Oracle for the Supplies team to place the order for you.
Patient gifts can be purchased through Boots, Superdrug or Amazon. Again, please include the items on the form or attach a word document with the link to the products. Once processed, you will need to submit the information through Oracle for the Supplies team to place the order for you.
Some other things to note:
- We only require minimal information on the funding form – we know that decorations are lovely and that gifts are really appreciated by our patient!
- Requests to amend funding proposals will not be accepted once they have been submitted – but if you realise you need additional funds, you can submit a new proposal.
- We would like to remind staff to continue to utilise the reusable decorations purchased last year too!
We look forward to receiving your forms by the deadline of Friday 10th November.