This job has now closed, thank you to everyone who took the time to apply!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Assistant Charity Communications/Media Officer to join the Newcastle Hospitals Charity team, helping to support the development and implementation of a digital communications strategy.
This role requires a candidate with excellent communications skills and relevant experience, with the expertise to develop and adapt a range of robust proactive and reactive communications to a variety of internal and external audiences.
Closing Date: 10th April 2023
Interview Date: 25th April 2023
We’re looking for someone who fits the below criteria:
- Ability to organise and implement charity Communications/Media strategy
- NVQ Level 4 Business Administration or equivalent qualification/experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of dealing with press and the media
- Ability to write press releases, newsletters and other publicity materials.
- Experience of website promotion and maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, self-motivated, open and honest
- Computer literate/effective use of MS Office
- Able to prioritise own workload and to work without direct supervision
- Ability to work to tight time-scales and respond to changing priorities
- Flexible approach to working
- Sensitivity and discretion
- Excellent IT skills
o Microsoft Office (incl. Word/Excel/Power Point), websites/databases
o Intranet & Internet
o Social media use and knowledge
o Knowledge of print and design processes
- Excellent communication skills.
o Verbal & written
o Report writing
o Presentation skills
- Previous experience in a similar communications/media capacity
- Good organisational skills
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Knowledge/familiarity with fundraising techniques including Online/Text Giving; Payroll Giving
- Ability to maintain/develop websites and prepare suitable online copy
- Experience of brand management
- Knowledge of NHS
- Working for a large complex organisation
- Car driver/owner