Our patients, families, staff and local communities raise millions every year to support our staff and the work of the Trust. This then enables our Charity to support initiatives focused on improving the health and wellbeing of our patients, people, and wider communities through compassionate and innovative healthcare, education and research.
Key areas that funds can support include:
- Enhancements to the patient experience and environment.
- Initiatives that promote the health, wellbeing and professional development of the staff of Newcastle Hospitals.
- Health-related clinical research and innovation. NB please see below with regard to applications for large research projects.
- Partnerships that help tackle health inequalities and create healthier communities.
Grants are only available for Trust staff, who can submit an application at any time.
The process is as follows:
All grant applications should be made via the online process here.
- Applications for amounts up to and including £5,000 will normally be approved or rejected within 28 days.
- It may take us a little longer to get back to you about applications for amounts between £5,001 and £25,000 and up to three months to consider applications for amounts of more than £25,000, so please factor this into your planning.
- The Charity Committee is currently reviewing the Charity’s Grant-Making Policy, and in particular our approach to the funding of staffing costs. We would actively discourage applications for staffing costs and the funding of posts for the time being, until that review is complete.
- Our approach to the funding of large research projects is also under review and we are not accepting applications for these at present.
- If you are applying for a grant to fund any art-based enhancements to the hospital environment (of any value), please read our ‘Arts in the Hospital Environment’ webpage.
Full guidance on applying for a grant can be found here.
We recommend you contact the Charity Grants team for an informal discussion before beginning an application.
You can contact the team on [email protected] or 0191 213 7235.