Terms and Conditions
Thank you for raising funds for Newcastle Hospitals Charity (Reg 1057213).
These rules apply to all voluntary fundraising activity and by signing up to fundraise for Newcastle Hospitals Charity you agree to comply with them.
If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
Fundraising and Liability
- It’s important to know that Newcastle Hospitals Charity cannot cover fundraising expenses or costs for those raising money for the Charity.
- You agree to organise fundraising activities as an independent supporter of Newcastle Hospitals Charity. Please ensure you are clear that you are raising funds “in aid of” Newcastle Hospitals Charity, rather than as a representative of or on Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s behalf.
- You agree that you shall comply with any guidance provided by Newcastle Hospitals Charity relating to your fundraising activity, and that it is your responsibility to organise all aspects of any fundraising activity undertaken by you.
- If you wish to use a logo to support your fundraising initiative you can request a logo from us. Any material referring to Newcastle Hospitals Charity need approval prior to print or circulation.
- You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
- You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
- You acknowledge and accept that Newcastle Hospitals Charity insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
- You will not do anything that has a negative impact on Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s reputation or name.
Handling cash and sending in your donation
- You agree to send the funds raised by your fundraising event to as soon as possible after the event and in accordance with Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s guidance.
- You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about the Gift Aid scheme can be accessed by contacting the Charity Office on 0191 2137235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Data and Consent
- By providing your information when you sign up to fundraise for Newcastle Hospitals Charity, we can use the details to discuss your fundraising activity and keep in touch on your progress.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the Charity’s work when signing up to fundraise for Newcastle Hospitals Charity.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and Newcastle Hospitals Charity’s privacy statement which can be accessed by contacting the charity of office on 0191 2137235 or email email@example.com.
- If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to Newcastle Hospitals Charity, you agree that these can be used by the Charity for commercial and/or fundraising purposes and that consent has been provided. If you wish images to be removed, please contact us and we will comply.