This job has now closed to applications. Thank you for your interest in this role.
The Arts Officer (Live Participation Programmes) role is an exciting opportunity to deliver a growing live arts programme in Newcastle Hospitals Charity.
The live art programme is based in one of the largest teaching NHS Trusts in the Country, and this role contributes to applying creativity to enhance the hospital experience and deepen engagement with our local communities.
You will be a motivated self-starter with a passion for creative community engagement and for health and wellbeing. You will support the Arts Curator (Participation Programmes) and growing Arts Team, in delivery of the live programmes across the Trust. The programme provides live arts activities (such as music) for staff, patients, and families to enhance the hospital experience; promote health and wellbeing and to engage with the wider community.
Closing date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024
Interview Date: Tuesday, 26 March 2024
Working pattern: 37 Hours 30 Minutes/Week
Qualifications & Education
- Degree level or equivalent relevant work experience/qualifications
- Specialist qualification or CPD in charity, live arts, arts & health and/or equivalent
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of key issues facing hospitals, and the communities they serve, and an understanding of how the live arts programme might help address these
- Well-developed live arts & health knowledge and experience of undertaking live arts administration tasks
- Experience of communicating effectively with different audiences and different backgrounds across all levels
- Experience of delivering engagement and involvement related arts projects
- Understanding of digital communication methods, including social media
- Interpret and analyse arts evaluation data for communication to key stakeholders and decision makers within and outside the Trust / Charity
- Administrative / stakeholder engagement experience in the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector or within the NHS within clinical and/or corporate services
- Arts administration experience
- Developing and delivering development and improvement programmes
- Admin / stakeholder engagement experience in the NHS or the charitable sector
- Understanding of the NHS and the way it works
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation
- Knowledge of Equality & Diversity regulations
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to provide high-quality, Board level, administrative support, including high quality minute-taking at corporate meetings
- Ability to organise and facilitate stakeholder live arts engagement activities, events and meetings, arts activities/campaigns and the associated logistics
- Ability to work within a busy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on a flexible basis, including the occasional meeting outside of normal working hours and some travel across Newcastle in support of engagement programme of live arts activities
- Ability to manage conflict and sensitive situations and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both within and outside the organisation
- Ability to develop personal credibility with managers and to provide a proactive and high-quality customer-focused live arts programme
- Excellent organisational skills including record keeping and time management
- IT literacy across Microsoft suite including spreadsheets (Excel), with good keyboard skills
For more information about the role, and to apply, please click here to visit the NHS jobs page.