This job has now closed to applications. Thank you for your interest in this role.
Are you a motivated and experienced charity finance leader with a drive to make an impact?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future for Newcastle Hospitals Charity as we deliver on a new 5 year strategy to make a real difference for the patients, staff and local community served by Newcastle Hospitals.
A key member of the Newcastle Hospitals Charity leadership team, the Charity Head of Finance will work with colleagues across the Charity and Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to develop and deliver an effective and efficient Charity finance operation.
The post-holder will work across the Charity and the Trust to implement best charity financial practice. The post-holder will liaise with the charity finance sector nationally to ensure continuous improvement of professional charity finance standards.
Applications are invited from people who have a passion for making an impact and the post-holder will be an experienced finance leader, able to establish effective relationships across a wide range of individuals.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate their approach to developing and managing a portfolio across multiple work-streams in an ever changing environment and competing priorities.
Closing Date: 21 January 2024
Interview Date: 1st February 2024
Working pattern: 18 Hours 45 Minutes /week
We’re looking for someone who fits the below criteria:
Qualifications & Education
- Professional Accountancy (CCAB) qualification
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant post qualification experience in the finance department of a registered charity and / or a complex organisation
- Significant understanding of the Charity Code of Governance
- Demonstrable experience in a financial management environment, including ability to provide detailed guidance and advice to finance and non-finance managers
- Demonstrable experience in month and year end closure of accounts including preparation of annual financial charity accounts
- In depth specialist and practical knowledge of charity financial regulations and corporate governance
- Evidence of participation in Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Computer literate, especially in the use of financial reporting tools and Microsoft office
- Leadership & mentoring of finance staff
- Previous NHS finance experience at a senior level
- Experience of report writing
Skills & Abilities
- The ability to work autonomously, interpreting national policy and regulations for the benefit of Newcastle Hospitals Charity
- Able to work as part of a team with non-financial staff from Newcastle Hospitals Charity and the NHS
- The ability to liaise effectively with Consultants, Senior Managers and other Health Service professionals to review problems and implement effective support packages
- Ability to make judgements involving highly complex facts and situations
- Ability to communicate highly complex, sensitive or contentious information to a range of audiences using a range of different communication methods
- Ability to communicate, advise and challenge with NHS staff (of all grades), the Executive team and Non-Executive Directors
- Presentation skills/experience of presenting at Committee level
For more information about the role, and to apply, please click here to visit the NHS jobs page.