We’re looking for an experienced and strategy-minded Communications and Development Manager to join the Newcastle Hospitals Charity team!
The Communications Manager will develop and deliver an engaging communications plan that ensures that all aspects of the Charity are effectively promoted and communicated to key audiences. It’s a really exciting time of growth for the charity, as we deliver on our ambitious 5-year strategy to improve the health and wellbeing of the patients, people and wider communities of Newcastle Hospitals.
We’re looking for someone who fits the below criteria:
Qualifications & Education
- Degree level education, relevant professional qualification and post graduate study to master’s degree level (or equivalent).
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Senior level experience of dealing with press and the media
- Experience in organising public meetings
- Experience of brand management
- Experience of wrking for a large complex organisation
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to write press releases, newsletters and other publicity materials
- Ability to translate complex information into a clear and easily understood format
- Ability to work to tight time-scales and respond to changing priorities
- Ability to maintain websites and prepare suitable online copy
- To develop and implement an agreed strategy to raise the profile and income streams of Newcastle Hospitals Charity
- To promote a positive image and identity of the charity via public relations (internally/externally)
- To ensure the charity’s strategic plans are incorporated into all promotional and publicity materials and activity
- Promotion of the charity’s current brands/logos and development of new brands as required
- To develop, implement and evaluate a range of communication projects
- To review and improve current practices and develop an overall strategy to promote and maximise charitable giving
- Liaising with NHS staff, general public, commercial organisations and interested parties with a view to actively increasing the profile of charitable giving, developing partnerships/ working relationships and generating support