This role has now closed.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated Head of Grant Programmes to Join the Newcastle Hospitals Charity team!
Are you a motivated charity professional with a drive to make an impact? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future for Newcastle Hospitals Charity as we develop and deliver on a new 5 year strategy to make a real difference for our patients, our staff and our region. A key member of the Newcastle Hospitals Charity team, the Head of Grants will work with colleagues across the Charity and Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to develop and deliver innovative grant programmes. Leading a dedicated team, the post-holder will work across the Charity and the Trust to implement best grant-making practice and engagement with potential grant applicants. The post-holder will liaise with the grant-making sector nationally to benchmark trends, and to ensure continuous improvement of professional grant-making practice and standards.
Closing Date: 11th May 2023
Interview Date: 22nd May 2023
We’re looking for someone who fits the below criteria:
Qualifications & Education
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent in-depth knowledge in a relevant subject) plus substantial, charity or Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector programme management activity or technical experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive experience in a grant-making organisation, university or relevant organisation.
- Wide range of experience and demonstrable knowledge of grant making or programme delivery, with in-depth knowledge of some specialist areas including health and wellbeing; disadvantaged communities; arts programmes.
- Specialist knowledge of strategic grant-making
- Experience in supporting clinical and non-clinical staff in project development, proposal preparation and project management.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to empathise and work closely with Trust staff across a diverse discipline portfolio
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and improvise
- Ability and willingness to work independently in a complex charitable landscape.
- Demonstrate resilience and an ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills.