This job has now closed to applications. Thank you for your interest in this role.
The Arts Curator (Participation Programmes) role is an exciting opportunity to manage a growing participatory arts programme in Newcastle Hospitals Charity. This role contributes to applying creativity to enhance the hospital experience and deepen engagement with our local communities.
You will be a motivated self-starter with a passion for creative community engagement and for health and wellbeing. You will support the Arts Programme Manager and growing Arts Team, in delivery of the Arts Programme across the Trust. The programme provides arts and cultural activities for staff, patients and families to enhance the hospital environment; promote health and wellbeing and to engage with the wider community.
Closing date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024
Interview Date: Fri, 22 March 2024
Working pattern: 37 Hours 30 Minutes/Week
Qualifications & Education
- Degree or equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Professional qualification
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant post graduate experience of managing/organising/promoting multi-disciplinary arts participation programmes
- Expert knowledge of management and delivery of arts participation programmes
- Previous experience of working in a healthcare and/or charity setting
- Experience in arts & health (creative health) and/or public arts programmes
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills/abilities, well-developed social skills
- Excellent IT experience, particularly of Microsoft packages
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and effectively manage contact with a wide range of stakeholders
For more information about the role, and to apply, please click here to visit the NHS jobs page.